Thursday, September 7, 2017

The Things of God Are of Deep Import

The Prophet Joseph Smith stated,

"...the things of God are of deep import; and time, and experience, and careful and ponderous and solemn thoughts can only find them out.  Thy mind, O man! if thou wilt lead a soul unto salvation, must stretch as high as the utmost heavens, and search into and contemplate the darkest abyss, and the broad expanse of eternity- thou must commune with God."  (Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, p.137)

I believe this statement to be true.

I would like to dedicate the contents of this blog to looking carefully and ponderously and solemnly at the things of God found in His scriptures and in the words of His Prophet Joseph Smith.

Since this is my blog it contains my point of view. 

As time passes and life experiences are gained and hopefully my light and knowledge increases, my understanding and point of view of principles of the gospel of Jesus Christ may and likely will change. I do not claim to be in possession of all truth.  I am seeking after it.  That means that I am ready to yield my present position on any gospel principle if I am persuaded that my position is wrong.

I readily acknowledge that I am weak, that I make mistakes almost continuously, that I am mostly blind, and that I fail most of the time to live up to the wonderful things I have received from a merciful and longsuffering Father. I don't say this to feign humility.  It really is a true statement of my condition before God. I really do marvel that He, Christ, would descend from His throne divine to rescue a soul so rebellious and proud as mine.

I desire that anyone and everyone who may view any part of this blog will be persuaded to study out any and all principles presented herein for themselves, and go to the fountain of all truth, God our Father, and find out for themselves from Him if my point of view is foolish or correct.  

I do know from experience, therefore I can honestly testify to it, that God does keep His word found in James 1:5:

"If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him."

God does not upbraid anyone for asking Him questions on any subject.  He really does give liberally to anyone. Just ask Him in faith and you will receive His answer to you.  He really does speak to anyone who approaches Him; in sentences and paragraphs not just yes and no.

No one stands between you and God unless you allow them to. 

Jacob declared:

"...and the keeper of the gate is the Holy One of Israel; and he employeth no servant there; and there is none other way save it be by the gate; for he cannot be deceived, for the Lord God is his name. And whoso knocketh, to him will he open;" (2 Nephi 9:41-42)

Christ is the keeper of the gate and He does not employ servants there.  He is individually interactive and responsible for all who seek Him for their salvation.

My hope is to persuade people to take these principles seriously, whether they agree with my view or not, and study them out with fresh eyes; seeking to let the scriptures and the words of the Prophet Joseph inform them rather than reading into them the traditions they have been taught.

I promise that you will be amazed at what God is really offering to every man woman and child.

No comments:

Post a Comment